Would you like to learn the piano online in a group format via Skype?
At The Online Piano Institute, we are now offering online group Skype lessons for adult beginners.
In addition, we also arrange online group masterclasses for more advanced learners.
Group lessons work especially well for absolute beginners and it is a fantastic way to learn how to play the piano!
In a group piano class, you can learn a lot from your instructor as well as your fellow colleagues learning with you!
You can also improve your ability to listen, analyse and work in a team!
Discover the pros of group Skype piano lessons below:
Pros of learning piano in a group format via Skype
- You will develop your sense of rhythm and timing much faster in a group format. This is due to the fact that you need to demonstrate passages back in a group format. There is a lot more ‘positive’ pressure on you to play in time when you demonstrate as others will listen. In addition, where lag is not an issue, you may have to play a passage with another student online via Skype in real-time!
- You will learn from the other students in the group! In a one-to-one format, it is you and your instructor. In a group, you get to watch the successes and failures of everyone in the group. You, therefore, learn from EVERYONE and pick up tips and tricks from each other!
- There is more focus on theory. Sometimes in a one-to-one session, we may get bogged down primarily on technique (which is important), but in a group session, we have found that music theory becomes an integral part of each and every lesson!
- You will really get to know your scales and chords. Scales and chords throughout the keys work amazing in a group format. You will get to know them inside-out!
- During your group Skype piano lesson, you may also experience a healthy competition with your fellow colleagues in the group class. Others may inspire you to practice and improve your own piano playing much more than in a standard one-to-one setting.
- Although not solely applicable to only group Skype learning, by recording the session you can then study the material, again and again, learn from other participants in the group!
- Group piano lessons also allow for a more creative learning setting. In a group setting, you will have more time to experiment with various musical ideas in a creative fashion and get input from all the others too!
- In a group Skype setting, you will enjoy a wonderful team spirit online. This can be very useful if you live in a secluded geographical area and you also need the comradeship of the group!
In conclusion, both group and one-to-one Skype lessons are valid forms of learning the piano.
Neither option is better than the other, just different.
It really depends upon your individual personality and way of learning!
Most University courses are taught in a group setting, so it is definitely possible to learn properly in a group format.
Learning in a group format will require more self-discipline from your side. (You have to implement the work given and you cannot ask as many questions as in a one-to-one setting.)
One-to-one is great if you want the undivided attention of your piano instructor at all times.
We offer both options via Skype and FaceTime at The Online Piano Institute.
The choice is yours!
Contact us to book your first group piano Skype appointment
Please click the image above to contact us via our contact form.
Alternatively, you can also write to our manager Stefan Joubert at email@example.com to book your first Skype lesson.
Booking your first group Skype piano lesson is very very easy.
Once you contact us, we will provide you with a list of time slots to choose from.
You can then select the time slot that suits you best, make your payment online via Paypal, Stripe or Square Up and then take your lesson at that specific time slot.
If you then want to join a regular Skype group piano course, we will then arrange your course for you and help you achieve your musical dreams!